Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hitting the rest button

You know how it is.....you have a difficult section coming up. Sure you can take out the first two creatures with your knife, thus saving bullets, but what about beyond that? There's a troll that you kill eventually, but not until you figure out how to attack it, and are almost out of life. You aren't dead, but can you make it to more life potion in time? Could you have saved more bullets? Did you realize you are 33 years old and have been playing video games for over 2 hours? All of these things lead one to hitting the reset button. Well, maybe the power button for the last one.

Admittedly, it is not an actual button. I mean there is a button on my Wii, but it is easier to just find someone with an axe and let them put you out of your misery, and then go back to the most recent save point. The next game after the reset button is a wiser trip. The jump you just missed, becomes one you make with ease. You don't heistate to waste a round of shotgun shells on the troll, because you know there are two boxes in the shed down the path. Yes you have lost time, but it is in the name of gathered information.



So, I'm trying to harness the lessons I've learned from playing Resident Evil 4, and am trying to apply them to moving forward after missing my marathon. I am not a "turn that frown upside down" kinda guy, in fact that phrase is a sure way to ensure that "that frown" stays right where gravity wants it to remain. However, staying put and driving head first off the "woe is me"cliff, does me no good. There is likely a quick shelf life on my training, so I'm going to keep free-basing Vitamin C, count calories, stretch, and do my best to be SMARTER in an attempt to be FASTER.

Not sure what this means racewise....Dowd? Thunder Road (perptually the consolation prize)? Kiawah?

No comments:

Post a Comment