Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Year in Review....Sorta

I started 2011 with a goal not centered on any pace, time, or distance. I wanted to (for lack of a better term) get my relative shit together. Organize....track my weekly mileage, track my mileage on my shoes, come up with more of a plan.....yeah, didn't really happen.

This partially was due to the fact that I entered and exited 2011 with my aging Garmin. In the middle of the year, I bought a 310 from my friend Diane after borrowing it through Blue Ridge Relay for $75, fell in love with it, and then (based on current intel), lost it in a hotel room in PA over Thanksgiving vacation. Suck. Now my Garmin has lost a pin, so it dangles like a pocketwatch. For my latest tempo run, I held it while it swung back and forth. I should complete the transition to olde-timey train conductor by running in overalls, and spouting off random things like "LAST CALL FOR THE DRY GULCH EXPRESS!!!".

So when other people are posting links to their runs on Garmin Connect and can give you a 2011 total with the click of a button, I have a file folder filled with notes jotted on tablet paper and backs of envelopes.

Running2win.com tells me I ran 1581.88 miles last year. It also has 120 of those miles logged on "unknown" shoes. It also has no record of me running the New River Marathon (on one of my slips of paper...no, the website didn't block this race like I did from my memory). So I would guess that total is at least 200 miles short...maybe? How many miles more did I run this year than last year? Never got around to finishing 2010.

5.2 pounds lighter than the start of the year...with a high of 165, and a low of the last day of the year, 153.

RACES:

I ran 1 8k, 1 half-marathon, 2 full marathons, and was runner #7 on the UCRR team at the Blue Ridge Relay. Signed up to run Medoc Marathon, and was a DNS with pneumonia.

Felt like I finished the year on a high note. After salvaging my Medoc training into a 1:37 finish @ Dowd, I rested a bit, but came back hard with the goal of Charleston or Myrtle Beach. Feel confident 2012 will start out with a marathon PR.

I'm saving 2012 goals/resolutions for post-Charleston....so more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment