Monday, January 9, 2012

When it becomes....REAL

As the band Real Estate reminded us in my #5 album of 2011; "it's real".

I guess there is always a moment when any racing endeavour "feels real". For me this time, it was walking up the stairs to Dr. Josh Kollmann's office today. Last visit, last chance to work through trouble spots, final tune-up before race day.

I hadn't realized my thoughts, plans, etc about race day had been so much "inside my own head", until he started asking me about the race, and it did feel liberating to just chat on my goals, how training went, and to get final marching instructions for this week. We even talked about dry needling. Something I think sounds like some 1870's medical procedure that is carried out in a dark library by someone with a handlebar moustache, but Josh assures me it is legit and is even going to a seminar in Colorado to back up that claim. Felt beat-up, but amazing, and most importantly...felt ready to go.


The first step in dry needling is to blow the dust of the wooden box.


Last run at any sort of speed was knocked out over lunch....1 hr run with middle segment of 2 min "open it up", 2 min relaxed....for 6 times.


Anyways, that seems to be all for now. Goals for the rest of the week:


1) Be safe - If you are looking for a salsa partner or someone to go ice skating with this week, I've got bad news.


2) Be lazy - You know, as much will allow.


3) Be stretching - Easy runs Tuesday and Thursday just to keep moving, and to warm up for some longer stretching sessions. But not limited to just that....staying stretched throughout the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment